Change to large font
1. Dear Father, Lord of humankind,
forgive our foolish ways;
reclothe us in our rightful mind;
in purer lives thy service find,
in deeper reverence, praise.
2. In simple trust like theirs who heard,
beside the Syrian sea,
the gracious calling of the Lord,
let us, like them, without a word
rise up and follow thee.
3. O sabbath rest by Gali lee,
O calm of hills above,
where Je sus knelt to share with thee
the silence of eternity,
interpreted by love.
4. With that deep hush subduing all
our words and works that drown
the ten der whisper of thy call,
as noiseless let thy blessing fall
as fell thy manna down.
5. Drop Thy still dews of quietness,
till all our strivings cease;
take from our souls the strain and stress,
and let our ordered lives confess
the beauty of Thy peace.
6. Breathe through the heats of our desire
thy coolness and Thy balm;
let sense be dumb, let flesh retire;
speak through the earthquake, wind, and fire,
O still, small voice of calm.
Go to Search page