Change to large font
1. Approach, my soul, the mercy seat,
where Jesus answers prayer;
there humbly fall before his feet,
for none can perish there.
2. Thy promise is my only plea,
with this I venture nigh;
thou callest burdened souls to thee,
and such, O Lord, am I.
3. Bowed down beneath a load of sin,
by Satan sorely pressed,
by war without and fears within,
I come to thee for rest.
4. Be thou my shield and hiding place,
that, sheltered near thy side,
I may my fierce accuser face,
and tell him thou hast died.
5. O wondrous love! to bleed and die,
to bear the cross and shame,
that guilty sin ners, such as I,
might plead thy gracious name.
Go to Search page