Change to large font
1. How sweet the name of Jesus sounds
in a believer's ear;
it soothes our sorrows, heals our wounds
and drives away our fear.
2. It makes the wounded spirit whole,
and calms the troubled breast;
'tis manna to the hungry soul,
and to the weary rest.
3. Dear name! the rock on which I build,
my shield and hiding place,
my neverfailing treasury,
filled with boundless stores of grace.
4. Jesus, my shepherd, guardian, friend,
my prophet, priest and king,
my Lord, my life, my way, my end:
accept the praise I bring.
5. How weak the effort of my heart,
how cold my warmest thought,
but when I see thee as thou art
I'll praise thee as I ought.
6. Till then I would thy love proclaim
with every fleeting breath,
and may the music of thy name
refresh my soul in death.
Go to Search page