Change to large font
1. Take up your cross, the Saviour said,
if my disciple you would be;
deny yourself, the world forsake,
and humbly follow after me.
2. Take up your cross; let not its weight
fill frightened spirit with alarm;
his strength shall bear your spirit up,
and brace your heart, and nerve your arm.
3. Take up your cross, nor heed the shame,
nor let your foolish pride rebel:
for you the Saviour bore the cross,
to save your soul from death and hell.
4. Take up your cross, then, in Christ's strength,
and every danger calmly brave;
'twill guide you to a heavenly home,
and lead to victory o'er the grave.
5. Take up your cross and follow Christ,
nor think till death to lay it down,
for only those who bear the cross
may hope to wear the glorious crown.
Go to Search page