Change to large font
1. Lord Jesus, who through forty days
for us did fast and pray,
teach us with you to mourn our sins,
and at your side to stay.
2. As you with Satan did contend,
and did the vict'ry win,
oh give us strength to persevere,
in you to conquer sin.
3. As thirst and hunger once you bore,
so teach us, gracious Lord,
to die to self, and daily live
by your most holy word.
4. And through these days of penitence,
and through the Passiontide,
now, evermore, in life and death,
Lord Christ, with us abide.
5. Abide with us, that so, this life
of suffering over past,
an Easter of unending joy
we may attain at last.
Go to Search page