Change to regular font
1. Hark! a thrilling voice is sounding:
'Christ is nigh,' it seems to say;
'Cast away the dreams of darkness,
O ye children of the day!'
2. Wakened by the solemn warning,
let us all from sleep arise;
Christ, our sun, all ill dispelling,
shines upon the morning skies.
3. Lo! the Lamb, so long expected,
comes with pardon down from heaven
let us haste, with tears of sorrow,
one and all to be forgiven.
4. When our Saviour comes in glory,
though the world be wrapped in fear,
with his mercy he will shield us,
and with words of love draw near.
5. Honour, glory, might and blessing
to the Father and the Son,
with the everlasting Spirit
while eternal ages run.
Go to Search page